Introductory training, Simcenter Amesim, online
The aim of this introductory training is to enable participants to become proficient in the fundamentals surrounding system simulation. During the training both underlying theory as well as more hands-on workshops will be covered. Participants will learn how to navigate the software tool, create models, set up simulation studies, and perform simulation runs with the accompanying post-processing of results.
This training is intended for new users of the software tool, and to system simulation in general, however engineers with a simulation background still benefit from the best practices in system simulation taught throughout the sessions.
Duration: Two half-days (4+4h).
- Session 1
- Introduction to system simulation with Simcenter Amesim
- The simulation environment
- The simulation process with examples
- Bond graph theory and sign convention
- Solvers and run parameters
- Workshops: data import tool & data export, and control simulation using a 2D mechanical system
- Session 2
- Wizards and Apps, productivity tools and helpful features inside Simcenter Amesim (+workshop)
- Plotting and post-processing capabilities
- Study manager and design exploration – Batch simulation (+workshop), Design of Experiments (DoE), and optimization approaches (+workshop)
- Performance Analyzer for model debugging and speed-up
- CAD import and automatic model generation