Multiphase simulations, Simcenter STAR-CCM+, on-site training
The training is divided into three modules. Each module covers specific multiphase simulation fields within Simcenter STAR-CCM+. It is possible for you to pick which modules you are interested in and to tailor your training from half a day up to several days, depending on the range of multiphase modelling you wish to learn about. The model types of your interest will be discussed together with the necessary multiphase interactions to combine the different models. It will also be possible for you to bring your own case that we can work together on and discuss the necessary models needed to describe your particular physics and required setup. We will also teach you how to differentiate between different multiphase flow regimes.
This Volupe blog post can further give an indication for what will be included in the course: Multiphase modeling capabilities in Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
Duration: Module 1 (8h), Module 2 (4h), Module 3 (8h).
Cost: 700 euro per full day and 400 euro per half-day.
This advanced training in multiphase for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is divided into three modules (touching upon different multiphase branches) which can be offered as individual training sessions or a combined training for all topics.
- Module 1 – Lagrangian framework (LMP) and Discrete Element Method (DEM)
- Under the Langrangian approach we can typically simulate liquid droplets together with evaporation and condensations using LMP. And include solid-solid interaction using the DEM framework.
- Module 2 – Eulerian framework VOF and Fluid Film
- If we have completely immiscible fluids, we can use the interface tracking method of VOF. Basically, all multiphase models can be used with the Fluid film model to provide a good estimation of the fluid behavior near solid walls, without the need to resolve the mesh too much.
- Module 3 – Eulerian framework, EMP, MMP and DMP
- The Eulerian framework can simulate different phases separately using EMP, solving transport equations for each separate phase. The MMP model is another simplified option, useful when the simulated phases can be considered miscible.
Experience within Simcenter STAR-CCM+ (potentially gained from Volupe’s introductory training in Simcenter STAR-CCM+ together with work experience in the software).