SIMCENTER USER CONFERENCE 2023
Welcome to the Volupe Simcenter User Conference 2023.
To reserve a hotel room. Call St. Jörgen Park booking at +46 31-348 40 40 and use refence booking code: #65272.
The event is free of charge and meals are included during the Event.
Accomodation is not included and will be covered by the participant if required.
Please make your reservation ASAP, Contact Sankt Jörgen Park +46 31 3484040.
If cancellation is made after 2023-10-01 you will be invoiced with a 400€ “no show” fee.
More info about program and speakers can be find below
Note: Hourly schedule below can be adjusted but minor changes
If you for some reason not can attend on dinner please let us know this so we can cancel the food.
October 5th Thursday
- 8:00 - 8:35
- Registration & Coffee
- 8:40 - 8:50
Speakers:Robert Samuelsson, VOLUPE AB
- 8:50 - 10:20
- Keynote speaker
- 10:20 - 10:55
- 11:00 - 11:10
- Siemens presentation / HEEDS
Speakers:Leandro Garbin, Siemens
- 11.15 - 11:55
- Customer Presentation
Speakers:Professor Lennart Löfdahl, Chalmers
- 12:00 - 12:35
- Breaking Boundaries in STAR-CCM+
Speakers:Sebastiaan Siemons, Reden
- 12:35 - 13:25
- 13:30 - 14:15
- VoluBob, AI-support for Simcenter / Simcenter Technical
Speakers:Carl Stenson, VOLUPE AB, Fabian Hasselby, Florian Vesting, Peder Wahlberg, VOLUPE AB
- 14:20 - 14:55
- Taming a complex system
Speakers:Björn Bergqvist, Minesto
- 15:00 - 15:25
- Coffee Break
- 15:30 - 16.00
- Roadmap Simcenter – what does the future hold
- Breakout session afterwards, possibility to join for all.
Speakers:Karin Fröjd, Siemens Digital Industries Software
- 16:05 - 16:35
- Superconducting Infrastructure for Zero-Emission Energy Ecosystems
Speakers:Anton Riström, Aker Solutions
- 16.35 - 17:00
- AI breakout / Siemens breakout
- Try out our AI VoluBob / Q&A Karin Fröjd
Speakers:Karin Fröjd, Siemens Digital Industries Software, Peder Wahlberg, VOLUPE AB
- 16:35 - 19.30
- Free time
- Access to pool & spa area (If you booked room via code)
October 6th Friday
- 8.50 - 9.20
- Development of a urban heat stress model in SIMCENTER STAR-CCM+
Speakers:Dino van Deijzen, ABT
- 9.25 - 10.00
- Exploring limitations of RANS flow predictions for propeller-hull interaction
- Maritime Department, RISE
Speakers:Mattias Liefvendahl, Maritime Department, RISE
- 10.00 - 10.25
- 10:30 - 11:05
- Digital prototyping in Simcenter 3D & STAR-CCM+
Speakers:Luc Evertzen, Brink climate systems
- 11.10 - 11:45
- Injector design for effective mixing in an entrainment reactor for fossile free synthesis gas production
Speakers:Fredrik Jareman, AFRY
- 11:50 - 12:25
- CFD Analysis of the Flow Around a Paraglider
Speakers:Caterina Gennari, FS-dynamics
- 12:25 - 13:25
- Closing remarks
Speakers:Robert Samuelsson, VOLUPE AB
- Caterina Gennari, FS-dynamicsCFD Engineer
- Karin Fröjd, Siemens Digital Industries Software Product management team lead for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related productsKarin Fröjd, Siemens Digital Industries SoftwareProduct management team lead for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related products
Karin is passionate about helping engineers get the most out of their simulations in their product development and innovation. She has a background within combustion simulations and has worked with chemical kinetics at a startup company called LOGE AB, system simulations at Modelon AB and the last seven years she has held different positions within primarily product management for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ at Siemens. Now she leads the team of product managers for Simcenter STAR-CCM+, Simcenter SPH Flow and Simcenter Battery Design Studio. Karin is excited to join this event to get to meet users and better understand your successes and challenges so her team can take more informed decisions about the product strategy and roadmap.
- Leandro Garbin, SiemensPortfolio Development Executive / EMEA
Leandro Garbin graduated in Mechatronics Engineering in 2005 and went on to complete a master’s study in Automotive Engineering at FEI, finishing in 2012 on vehicle dynamics using Prof. Thomas Gillespie’s bibliography from the University of Michigan.
He has experience in the automotive (passenger and commercial vehicle), agriculture, and machinery businesses. For 3 years he was the Chairperson of the SAE Brazil Tests & Simulation Symposium (the biggest related event in South America).
He began working in the PLM technical/business field area in 2001 and is nowadays the Simcenter Portfolio Manager for EMEA (MDO – Multidisciplinary Optimization) at SIEMENS Digital Industries Software based in Leuven/BE.
- Mattias Liefvendahl, Maritime Department, RISE Lead Researcher Naval Research, Senior Project manager
- Professor Lennart Löfdahl, Chalmers Professor Emeritus in Fluid Dynamics at Chalmers University of TechnologyProfessor Lennart Löfdahl, ChalmersProfessor Emeritus in Fluid Dynamics at Chalmers University of Technology
Lennart Löfdahl is Professor Emeritus in Fluid Dynamics at Chalmers University of Technology. His areas of expertise include flow stabilities, transition, turbulence and the use of MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) technologies, in particular sensors for flow control.
During the last twenty years Professor Löfdahl has devoted much of his research to the field of Road Vehicle Aerodynamics and Thermal Management. Specializing in the reduction of emissions for a sustainable environment, and in these works, he has used advanced experimental wind tunnel technology as well as CFD methods for optimizations.
Throughout his career Professor Löfdahl has published 300+ international publication, and today is he consulted as technical specialist and advisor. In addition, he has an extensive teaching experience from under- and graduate courses on Thermodynamic, Fluid Mechanics and Road Vehicle Aerodynamics. Over his 40+ year career, he has supervised and examined 200+ Master- and 50+ Ph.D.-theses.